Compass Draw Format
This format is a wonderful format to give players an opportunity to play lots of matches.
It works best for 8,16, 32 or 64 players (teams), with a full draw of the mentioned number of teams byes are not required.
At the end of each round, the winners continue in their tournament in the same direction, while the losers move to other points on the compass to form a new satellite tournament.
- At the end of round 1:
- The winners go east
- The losers go west
- At the end of round 2:
- The east losers go north
- The west losers go south
- At the end of round 3:
- The east losers go northeast
- The north losers go northwest
- The west losers go southwest
- The south losers go southeast
- At the end of round 4
(round 3 if the draw is for 8 teams) the event is finished
- Click here for examples of a 16-player (team) & 8-player (team) compass draw.